This package includes the preparation of the Claim of Lien, Contractor's Final Payment Affidavit (if applicable), Notice of NonPayment (if applicable), and demand letters to owner and your customer PLUS recording and postage costs PLUS location of the Notice of Commencement. This package is required if your lien request does not provide the Official Records Book and Page Number for the Notice of Commencement or the Official Records Book and Page Number you provided is incorrect. This package includes the following additional services:
· You can communicate directly with FCL's founder, Andrea M. Fair, Esq., who is board certified by the Florida Bar as an expert in construction law and who has practiced construction law in Florida since 1993.
· Andrea will personally prepare and review these important lien documents and she will make herself available to talk with you regarding any of your lien law or construction law questions or issues.
· FCL will retrieve and review a copy of any Notice of Commencement for the project.
· FCL will retrieve and review information from the Property Appraiser regarding the subject real property.
· FCL will retrieve and review information from the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations regarding all parties that are business entities.
· FCL will retrieve and review a copy of the deed and/or mortgage by which the subject real property was obtained by the owner.
· FCL will confirm the accuracy of the information you furnish by comparing your information with the information obtained from the Notice of Commencement, the Property Appraiser, the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations, and the deed and/or mortgage.
· FCL will evaluate privity issues to determine whether you are required to serve a Notice to Owner and, if so, whether it was served timely and properly.
· FCL will refer you to a service that will prepare your Notice to Owner, if necessary.
· FCL will prepare your Claim of Lien, have it recorded, and have it served on the owner.
· FCL will evaluate privity issues to determine whether you are required to serve a Contractor's Final Payment Affidavit and, if so, FCL will prepare the same and have it served on the owner.
· FCL will prepare demand letters to the owner and your customer and have the demand letters served on the owner and your customer.
· FCL will evaluate whether the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act applies and, if so, will comply with the same.
· FCL will review the Notice of Commencement to determine whether the job is bonded and, if it is, FCL will prepare a Notice of Nonpayment and have the same served on the appropriate parties.
· FCL will calculate your total claim including principal, interest, costs, and attorney's fees.
· FCL will pay for all costs associated with downloading documents from the public records, photocopying, certified mailing charges, and recording costs.
· FCL will calculate your deadline to record your Claim of Lien.
· FCL will calculate the deadline for payment to be made as set forth in the demand letters and will follow up with you regarding payment.
· FCL will calculate your deadline to file a lien foreclosure action and will e-mail reminders to you.
· Attorney Andrea Fair will handle your lien foreclosure and other construction litigation matters through her law firm so there is continuity in your representation. As an FCL customer, you will be entitled to such representation at reduced hourly rates.